Tuesday, July 7, 2009

T Minus ???

Well, we're finally making that final sprint to the finish line. Tracy gets taken off the meds tomorrow and this baby could be spitting out at anytime after that. I'm hoping she hangs out in that baby cave for another 3-4 weeks though. Sounds like Pat Swayze is really struggling so I'm not ruling out that she outlasts his life and he is reincarnated as my daughter. She will no doubt be born with the ability to dance provocatively and surf with Keanu Reeves. Regardless, I've got to feel more comfortable bringing her into a Michael Jackson-less world.

This entire pregnancy has been a lot tougher than we expected. (Really, it hasn't been too difficult, I've felt fine the entire time, but didn't enjoy being stuck with a needle every 3 days. And, I guess I'm not a very good bedrest patient, I've been extremely bored, but other than that....I can't complain). First Tracy starts getting contractions more often than Zantjer creeps out my co-workers (IMPOSSIBLE), then we spend a week at the hospital (where I watched Weekend at Bernie's and was very disappointed...was I just at an impressionable age before?), then Tracy is put on a medicine pump. It's got me thinking that it's time for a significant change in the human race. You know why chickens and lizards handle pregnancy so well? That's right, they simply lay an egg then monitor it for a while. Why can't we genetically enhance women to simply lay an egg right off the bat, stick it under a heat lamp, and play the waiting game? We can land on the moon, make moving pictures, clone a sheep, and make Star Wars movies that look like cartoons. Why can't we make this happen? How about it Science??? (I'm usually not one to go along with Chad's crazy ideas, but this one I'm on board with....no getting fat, no watching what you eat (I really want a sandwhich and a corney dog), and no pushing a 7+ pound baby out the hooha...it's a great concept).
Not everything has gone wrong though. In fact, the shower couldn't have been better. We saw all of our friends, we received a lot of gifts, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Well, everyone except for Badger who may have permanently ruined his man region. I've got my fingers crossed that Bella will someday have a sibling. (Because, honestly, what is better at a baby shower than a keg and drunk guys playing an invented game called "Man-Part"?!?! Go here to watch a short video clip of the punishment phase of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTghne7uFR0)
We've also made a lot of progress on Elliott's cribless nursery. Lots of drama where that was concerned....the crib won't be here until mid-August now, but the rest of the nursery is as done as it can be until I know how much room the crib will really take up. (The crown is molded, the quarter is rounded, and the chandeliers are hung. Big ups to Kyle for his assistance. My unborn daughter officially has a nicer room than me but I feel like a carpentry genius. F you Bob Vila.) I've posted some pictures below....the blue painters tape shows the dimensions of Elliott's crib, I think we'll be getting a small side table for next to the rocker in front of the window, and the pink lamp will be moved over there. The last picture shows the fabrics that will become Elliott's bedding...I'm very I'm very pleased with how it's turned out, it's not often I'm able to pull my ideas together how I picture them.....this comes really close :)
We also had our maternity pictures done, so there are a couple posted below for yall to enjoy...the belly has definitely taken over at this point!!!
That said, we will have a new member of the family very soon and we are very excited. We're counting the days. We'll be having a Cupcakes and Cocktails Sip'n'See Open House pretty quickly after Elliott's born (probably within 3 weeks), so keep an eye out for those invites...I figure this is an easy way for everyone to be able to meet our new little one.




1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks amazing! Great job guys!

    ReplyDelete